Corporate Services

Council and Administrative Services

The Council and Administrative Services division is comprised of the Clerk's Office which is responsible for:

The Municipal Act also provides, in section 223.13, that municipalities may appoint an Ombudsman or by default use the Provincial Ombudsman, who may conduct investigations with respect to the administrative acts of a municipality. South Huron has chosen to use the Provincial Ombudsman. The official website is and provides information regarding the role of the Ombudsman and how to go about making a complaint about municipal closed meetings.

Contact information is:

Phone: 1-800-263-1830 - Complaints Line

Fax: 1-416-586-3485

TTY (Teletypewriter): 1-866-411-4211

Email: info [at]

Ombudsman Report February 2015