By-law Enforcement


The Municipality of South Huron's By-law Enforcement team is committed to serving, protecting and providing a desirable quality of life for residents and visitors. South Huron's By-law enforcement department deals with issues such as:

  • Parking Enforcement
  • Licensing and Permit Services
  • Property Standards
  • Animal Services

The By-law department operates on a complaint basis by following the by-law complaint process. When a complaint is received, it is investigated and appropriate action(s) are taken.

You can contact the Clerk's Office at (519) 235-0310 for more information regarding by-law enforcement services.

By-Law Enforcement Officer

At times residents may act in a way that is offensive to others. The Municipal By-Law Enforcement Officer investigates concerns such as noise complaints (e.g. barking dogs, loud music), littering/dumping, fences, portable signs, and other matters that are addressed by municipal by-laws.

Our Municipal By-Law Enforcement objectives are:

  • to increase public awareness of the municipality's current by-laws
  • to assist residents to become more familiar with their responsibilities and rights as property owners or tenants
  • to achieve compliance with our by-laws through education rather than fines

How to make a Complaint

Contact the Municipal Office. The Municipality requires a written complaint with contact information for follow-up. Depending on the nature of the offence, you may be asked to provide evidence and/or to appear as a witness in any court proceeding pertaining to the complaint made.


South Huron logo

© 2018 The Municipality of South Huron, 322 Main Street South P.O. Box 759 Exeter, ON N0M 1S6