Birth Certificate


When a child is born in Ontario their birth must be registered with the Government of Ontario through the Office of the Registrar General. A birth certificate is a "foundation identity document" that can be used as proof of identity and is required to apply for other forms of identification, such as social insurance numbers or health cards.

To get or replace an Ontario birth certificate, please visit Service Ontario.


South Huron logo

We work hard to ensure that everyone can access the information and services they need.

For information in alternative formats or assistance accessing information, please contact the Municipal Office at 519-235-0310. 

© 2020 The Municipality of South Huron, 322 Main Street South P.O. Box 759 Exeter, ON N0M 1S6